How does Wild at Heart Foundation support their fosters?
We’re always delighted when someone is generous to consider welcoming a dog into their home, and we do our best to make the experience as easy and enjoyable for both dog and human as we can!
Our fosters receive:
- Reimbursement for the dogs essential costs on a monthly basis. However, as a charity that is funded entirely on donations, we really appreciate it when people are able to support the costs themselves, although we completely understand and appreciate that this is not always possible
- Basic and necessary items for the dog up to the value of £40, such as collar, lead, harness, bed, bowls etc
- Vet costs not covered by insurance
- Food (we will only reimburse costs for reasonably priced quality of food)
- Proportion of insurance cover incurred during the timeframe of the dog being in foster care
- Access to our Wild at Heart Foundation foster community on Facebook
- Access to our Aftercare service where you will be able to receive support and advice throughout your foster journey
How long does fostering last?
The length of a dog’s stay in your care can vary hugely depending on the circumstances – fostering may only last for a matter of weeks, or can be a longer term commitment. We always take each foster’s circumstances into account before matching them with a dog, and will of course work within your personal timeframes.
However long you’re able to open your home to a dog who needs it most, fostering really does mean the difference between a stressful and confusing upheaval, and a gentle, compassionate transition into a new way of life.