How does Wild at Heart Foundation support their fosters?
We’re always delighted when someone is generous to consider welcoming a dog into their home on a temporary basis, and we do our best to make the experience as easy and enjoyable for both dog and human as we can!
Our fosters receive:
- Ongoing support from our Adoption Team. We’re always on hand to offer advice and hear how you’re getting on, and will remain in regular contact with you throughout the foster period.
- Medical costs. Any veterinary costs the dog may incur during their time with you will, naturally, be fully covered by us.
- A free box of Butternut Box dog food – around 2-3 weeks worth of food (depending on the size of the dog!) to help you get started on your foster journey.
- We’ll also reimburse the cost up to £40 of essential items if required (collar, lead, bowls, bed, etc.) to help get your foster dog settled comfortably and safely. This is at each foster’s discretion, so do let us know if you’d like our support.
- A Wild at Heart Foundation goodie to say thank you for your generosity!
How long does fostering last?
The length of a dog’s stay in your care can vary hugely depending on the circumstances – fostering may only last for a matter of days or weeks, or can be a longer term commitment. We always take each foster’s circumstances into account before matching them with a dog, and will of course work within your personal timeframes.
However long you’re able to open your home to a dog who needs it most, fostering really does mean the difference between a stressful and confusing upheaval, and a gentle, compassionate transition into a new way of life.